Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Disdain For McCain

A commenter on this Fox News story complains about conservatives disdain for McCain. Kris writes:

I can’t quite understand the degree to which some people hate John McCain. For over 10 years, the political landscape in this country has been bitter partisan and polarized. I, like many other Americans, am sick of it. I want the Congress to get back to doing the business of the people, and if that means politicians don’t always toe the party line, then GOOD FOR THEM.

This kind of thinking is very popular. It is natural for us to desire that we all get along. Hey, we are all Americans. We should get along. But the truth and historical facts keep this thinking from ever being reality. America has always been divided. The reason is simple. Different people hold to different ideas. We don't all agree as to how this country should be run.

My response to Kris is simple. Grid lock is a great thing. Believe me when I say that if Clinton gets into the White house with a Democrat Congress, I pray to God that Republicans leave no stone unturned to stop all legislation.

I am a Home-schooler. My wife and I teach our children. We believe this is not only a fundamental right but also a command by God to personally oversee their education. Mrs. Clinton will send the Home-schooling movement back 20 years. This is just one example. It is simply impossible to "get along" with the Left. They do not want to get along with Conservatives. They want to destroy us. Why do we act as if that is not the case.

If McCain is elected, I have absolutely no confidence that McCain's compromising with the Left will bring any future freedom. McCain is not an idealist. He has never articulated a vision that is clear except one that tries to work with the enemies of freedom. To be honest, I have no idea why anyone likes him. Kris laments this. Perhaps he has been asleep during the past 8 years?

Whose Ideas should govern this country? Thinking Ideology has nothing to do with how we approach government, or thinking government is just a business like Walmart is naive at best.

Even Dr. James Dobson finally made a statement opposing McCain. You may be reminded about McCain's shenanigans here.

No comments: