Thursday, May 01, 2008

March of Dimes In Memory of Faith, Hope and Seth

I did not have the opportunity to meet them. I don't have any pictures of them. Their lives were too brief. Yet, there is a joy of knowing that their lives had meaning and purpose. At the same time, there is great sorrow. Death is wrong. Burying our children is every parent's greatest fear.

A few years ago, my brother and sister-in-law lost triplets within a matter of weeks. Seth was 20 weeks old. Faith and Hope were barely 22 weeks. I do not pretend to understand why God does what He does. I am certain, however, that He has His purposes, and they are not to be questioned as if God is accountable to the creature. Nevertheless, I also firmly believe there is a time for rejoicing and a time for weeping and remembrance. This Sunday my brother's family will be participating in the March of Dimes March For Babies. As the site says, "The money raised through March for Babies will support lifesaving research, community services, education and advocacy that help babies get a healthy start."

My brother and his family were blessed through March of Dimes' assistance during that time. So I encourage anyone who is led to give, to please do so. Here is my brother's page through the March For Dimes.

God Bless

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post. We have raised $250 on the internet so far and perhaps just as much by hand. Thanks to all.

Jim