Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day Service



This morning I had the honor of being invited to participate in the Memorial Day Service. I was enlisted in the Air Force many moons ago, therfore I was considered the civilian in military garb. Nevertheless, I was able to quickly learn how to handle a rifle. You see in the Air Force, we don't bother with M-16s. We shoot Nukes. Atleast we did where I was stationed.

This was the first time I have served as a part of the "Color Guard". I don't think my children will soon forget. Firing three rounds and then playing Taps should move just about anyone. Even our local New York Times Editorialist. (I think the guy next to me was aiming a little low. Perhaps he saw him in the crowd?)

Perhaps God will bless the next generation with a sense of Patriotism. By teaching our children where they come from, they will certainly know where they are going. Even Aden, my nephew, who did not particularly like the loud "bangs".

No comments: