Monday, May 15, 2006

Caners Seek To Deceive Christian Audience At Debate

On Saturday night I was in channel with Dr.White. He was pulling the hair out of his bald head trying to get the thesis of the debate with the Caners settled. The Caners are using tactics that Muslims usually use. Obfuscate, obfuscate and obfuscate.

I repeated to Dr. White again that I firmly believe the Caners simply do not want this debate. It will be revealed that they have been exalted to a position that "they did not earn". Therefore they will use every tactic in the book to deceive the audience that they know what they are talking about, when in fact they do not.

For those of you who like these Muslim converts and simply think I am being a mean Calvinist, I would invite you to read a long post on AOMin's Blog. It is the e-mail exchange between Dr. White and Dr. Caner. If you want the truth, go to the source and see for yourself that the Caner brothers simply are out of their league.

3 comments:

Ed Groover said...

Howie, you're sounding like too much a cheerleader for Dr. White! :) Just because you don't like dispensationalism doesn't mean you have to make the Caners out to be fools...

Howard Fisher said...

Perhaps I do sound like a cheerleader. I am a supporter of his ministry and once in a while manage to have discussions with him. I am convinced that the reformed position is the only consistent position that is able to deal with atheists and Roman Catholics and Mormons and ect.. Hence, the cheerleading I guess.

What is striking about the Calvinistic resurgence in SBC life (as they are putting it) is that Calvinists are not the ones preaching from the pulpits that arminians are an infection. (I am sure some do, but not as a whole.)

It was Dr. Caner who preached lies about Calvinists while standing in the pulpit (a position you and I take very seriously.) It was Dr. Caner who claimed to be something he is not, a great debater. It is Dr. Caner that is implying that Calvinists are not really Christians at all.

I really do believe what I said. I really believe they have been exalted to a position they did not earn. Simply reading the interaction that I have linked too demonstrates that far better than I ever could.

I would say the same thing about the Dave Hunt verse John Pipa debate. Dave Hunt (a man Caner relies upon) is a man that clearly has no idea what he is talking about. Yet somehow he has been exalted to pop-star status among fundamentalists.

So now we have a circle of men preaching against Calvinism and none of them know what they are talking about, all the while relying upon each other as sources.

Nobody seems to be willing to do the real work of actually interacting with Calvinists themselves. Yet Calvinists are charged with ignoring the Bible.

It is pretty bad that no one asks us Calvinists why we believe what we do. Yet I am always willing to do so. There are so many preconceived notions and straw men that the topic needs to be discussed publicly.

In all my years of witnessing to cultists in person, I find I have had more interaction with them. Why non-Calvinists are willing to attack Calvinism but not actually sit down and discuss it (as brothers) is beyond me. It really is a shame.

Howard Fisher said...

BTW: It has nothing to do with dispensationalism that I think the Caner brothers are not understanding the issues. John McArthur is a Calvinistic Baptist/some-kind-of-a-dispy, and I think I would be very much at home in his church.

God Bless