Thursday, May 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Steven

In probably less than two months, Lord Willing, I will see the birth of my second son, Jacob. Today however I must set aside my enthusiam that forester describes only so well on his Blog. For today is Steven's birthday.

Eleven years ago, I first met my son in Dover, NH. The first thing I did was read to him the Scriptures. I can see this boy is beginning to turn into a man right before my very eyes. I had the honor of baptizing him when he saw the need to repent and be baptized and to follow our Lord.

I have often said to him that there is nothing I long for more than to live with my family in the age to come. Although many do not believe in the Coming Judgment, my son will be able to stand before Christ dressed perfectly in Christ's Righteousness by faith alone.

I do not live in a dream world. I know full well my son will struggle through his teenage years. I am simply glad to be able to guide such a fine young man.

Again, I truly am the Blessed Man of Romans 4 in every way.

No comments: