Monday, July 13, 2009

By Any Other Name

Here is yet another example of media attempting to brain wash Americans by redefining words so that words either become meaningless or are used in a way to make the masses angry. In this so-called story we are told that the market value of cars is far below MSRP.
But that doesn't mean every vehicle is a bargain; plenty are still overpriced. Right now, according to Vincentric, a firm that tracks vehicle ownership costs for the auto industry, several cars on sale now have market values far below their manufacturer's suggested retail price.
What is this story trying to do? It is quite simple. The Left in this country believes they must control everything. Therefore they are attempting to convince Americans that the "system" is unfair. You are being ripped off and there is nothing you can do about it unless a Left-wing Democrat is in power to steal from the rich and give to the poor. In essence, paint the worst possible picture of those evil corporations and anyone that believes Capitalism has benefited our society.

Facts? What facts? We need no stinking facts!

The fact of the matter is that if a person is willing to pay the MSRP, then there is (by simple definition) in fact a market that determines the value of the car. This is basic economics 101, but again, this is not about economics. This is about power and control.

Are computers next on the hit list? By proportion, computers are a far bigger rip-off. I could never sell any of my computers for the price I paid for them. I guess I was ripped off. I now see my need for Obama to save me.

Even last week, my neighbor had a garage sale. The items were clearly too expensive. Yet, he managed to dupe some people into buying some of those items. I think Obama should have done something about that. (yes, this is sarcasm)

As a member of a church, I must confess, I have never heard of a missionary coming back from a foreign country saying how the standard of living is so great throughout the world. Instead, it has always been reports of the complete opposite. Yet if one only watches the American News outlets, one would be convinced at how bad and rotten America is and how capitalism has made people utterly poor. Getting people to step outside their living rooms into reality I think may be the only solution for Conservatives. (Yes, I know there are poor people in America too.)

Any thinking person should recognize, if the government controls the prices of things, whether they be cars or anything else, then by definition the free market is not determining the price of the things, much less cars.

I have always been amazed at how certain people have the power and cleverness to convince others that black is white. Words may have lost their meaning, but a rose is still a rose by any other name. A thief is still a thief no matter what the Congress and the President and the media call themselves.

No comments: