Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Jack Graham Proves Me Wrong

Every once in a while fad teachings come through our mouths, and then we wise up. For instance the idea that Jesus paid the price for everyone's sins substitutionarily, so that the only reason men go to hell is for their rejection of Christ. After a while we think about what we are saying and say "Hey, that's dumb and inconsistent with everything else I believe." So we move on hoping not to have caused too much damage for the Kingdom of Christ.

Today I heard a clip of Pastor Jack Graham proving me wrong. This idea is not a fad. He uses an illustration that is so convincing, I am surprised I did not believe this error earlier.

Here is the very brief clip of the illustration.

2 comments:

TheFilmCritic said...

Too bad Paul contends for man's "deadness" in sin rather than his "illness" in sin. Otherwise that illustration would make sense - too bad for Jack.
This probably isn't appropriate but after I heard the illustration all I could picture was Bill Murray from that second season of SNL chiming in with his signature phrase, "Jane you ignorant slut."

Howard Fisher said...

I remember the last time I did CPR on a man. After we thought he was dead, he reached up trying to stay alive, then he died.

So here I was assisting in trying to help save this man's life. He seemed to accept our help. For some reason though, that bad heart just killed him anyway.

According to Jack though, it wasn't his heart that killed him, it was just his refusal to accept our help?

As they say in Taxachusetts, "What ah ya retahded orah sumthin?"