Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Vatican In Kansas?

I am afraid we have all been mistaken. All that news was clouding my judgment. All of that pomp and circumstance led me astray. It is all so clear to me now. I cannot believe I didn't see it before. The Pope is not in Rome. He's in Kansas!

Yes, that's right. The duly elected by 6 Roman Catholics including three of his own family members (including himself), Pope Michael I, has been watching over the flock since 1990. Perhaps you didn't realize that the Bishop of Rome is...well...in Belvue (not to be confused with Crazy people hospital in NY), Kansas. That's ok. Nobody else knows about him either. Being elected in a store owned by your parents in a small western town tends not to get too much news coverage.

After reading his material, I have come to see, he must be the true Pope. After all, who could question the six Roman Catholics that voted for him. There were also no dissenting votes. That surely beats the filibuster of Bolton by a long shot.

I'm not Roman Catholic, but I feel the tug in my heart to go receive the Mass from him. After all, if he is the true Vicar of Christ, he'll have the keys to heaven and he will excommunicate the other popes. When he does that we'll know for sure.

The Infallible interpreter of Scripture in my own backyard. The man, who can tell all Roman Catholics in the whole world to say a hundred Hail Marys or else, is just a few hours east on I-70. The man who could actually tell us Protestants we are doomed to hell without concern for Vattican II. It is quite refreshing. Don't you think?

1 comment:

kletois said...

Its good to see the church of Rome is returning to its glory days - the medieval period was such a hip happening place, when one vicar of christ wasnt enough!! I knew there was always something lacking in Rome :)