Monday, May 09, 2005

Islam, Rome and Freedom?

After a little heavy handed persuasion (ie: sit down and watch this or else...), my son decided it would be to his benefit to watch the movie "Luther". Steven simply did not want to see a "history" movie about some dead guy who lived centuries ago. "Dad, can we watch that again?" was the response at the end of the movie.

The movie was great. A must see movie for anyone who desires to know why we have the freedoms we have today. My son could not believe the religious bondage that people used to be enslaved to. He could not believe that people were not allowed to read the Bible. I certainly hope my son learns his history (a topic he does well in school by the way).

Today on World Net Daily, a catholic web site was hacked by muslims (see story here). Muslims claim they are for freedom. Why the left in this country has sided with muslims is simply to complicated for a Red Stater like myself. If it were not for Christianity, we might be living under the oppression of Islam, and if it were not for the Reformers, we would be living under the oppression of Rome.

I pray that God would have mercy on our children. I pray as a parent, that we would give our children a knowledge of true history and Scriptural wisdom.

No comments: