Thursday, May 05, 2005

Praying at Breakfast Is Way Too Early

Six-thirty AM. Phone rings. Oh no. Prayer breakfast started 15 minutes ago. This week has been going at a million miles per hour. I knew I had to be there, so there was simply no excuse. I quickly got dressed, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. In ten minutes I was there.

Remember that feeling when you have taken too many painkillers, and you just can't get your bearings? Well, I was there. Lack of sleep and sudden wake up calls seem to do that to me anymore. I was immediately shown where the food was. I said "thank you Lord", for I still had plenty of time. After eating biscuits and gravy and a glass of juice, my nerves seemed to have calmed down.I was ready to go.

Pastor Lynne started by giving a short message about the founding of our Nation. Then we went to prayer time. I was blessed that so many people had come out to seek the Lord's blessing and mercy on our nation.

What really impressed me, was the number of high school students that came. Granted some were there because they had to be. But I am sure that many were there because they have a love for God and country. Quite often we older people think the world is coming to an end. We tend to think modern times are the worst ever. Perhaps so. There seems to be signs of hope. Perhaps evil men, doing evil things against our nation and within, brings the best out of good Patriotic Americans.

Remember Jesus' parables. Both good and evil must struggle with one another until the harvest. Let us be ever vigilant for the faith once delivered unto the Saints and the truths of God Word.

No comments: