Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Race Card Once Again

I am certain by now everybody has heard former President Carter's statement about racism. Here is his quote:
"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African American. I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way and I've seen the rest of the country that shared the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time ... and I think it's bubbled up to the surface, because of a belief among many white people, not just in the South but around the country, that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country."
Two things need to be said about this ridiculous blabbering. First, polls show that most Americans like Barak Obama personally. They may not like his policies, but they like him. So with what evidence does Carter make this claim?

Carter sees animosity must be on a fundamental level racism. There is nothing in a Liberal's mind that allows him to see another explanation. The fact that millions of people are telling us exactly why they oppose President Obama , and the fact that those reasons are political and Constitutional, does not seem to ever cross his mind.

If you remember my own experience on this Blog with one commenter about homosexuality. The fact that I disagreed, no matter what my reasons were, makes me a homophobe. Why is that? Because the Political Left believes we must reason and think with their worldview and presuppositions. They get to define and frame the debate because they say so.

So here we have millions of Americans explaining in great detail about why President Obama's policies are unconstitutional. Just doing so in the mind of the Left is racism. Never mind that many Americans opposed George Bush with far more extreme hatred.

Perhaps some humor would be better.

No comments: