Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Gospel Is Not My Testimony

On my drive back from my dental appointment in Garden City, I turned on radio and managed to pick a Christian radio station playing a sermon. During this sermon the preacher said something that totally confuses the law/Gospel categories. He basically stated that Christians need to live righteous lives because we may be the only Gospel our unbelieving neighbors ever see.

I am not certain how Christian leaders come to confuse their terminology or theology so easily. My life is not the Gospel in way, shape, matter or form. Now I realize that Christian ministers want their people to live godly for obvious reasons. Yet confusing the Gospel with my personal testimony is to confuse my life with Christ's. Apparently, others have noticed as well.

Read here an editorial at WorldMag.com from Mickey Mclean as he interacts with the White Horse Inn program.

No comments: