Thursday, September 17, 2009

Prove It

For several years I had a coworker that repeatedly asked me to "Prove it." Prove Christianity is true was his daily chant. In response, I would ask him as to what standard I had to meet in order to "prove it"? To which he responded with nothing. The floating standards or impossible standards of unbelievers is a difficult challenge.

Recently, Christian apologist, James White, debated atheist, Dan Barker, over whether or not the Triune God Lives. At one point in the debate Barker raised the typical argument that if God wants us to believe in Him, why doesn't He just reveal Himself in a way that science can verify His existence. In fact, he claims to have greater wisdom than the God of Christianity in that he would have done things better. You can get the debate here. (You may also get Doug Wilson's debate with Dan over the same topic for free here.)

Over the next couple of posts I'd like to attempt to answer that question from a different perspective than in ways I have answered it in times past.

No comments: