Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Romans 4 For Lunch

During lunch time, I took a few minutes to read Romans 4 to my family. Time was brief so I explained to my kids the purpose of Paul's chapter and its relevance to my JW friend.

I want to be prepared to possibly discuss how one stands before God declared righteous. During Saturday's conversation, good works (as defined by the Watch Tower) was a major basis for Mr. Webster's acceptance before God. In other words, Mr. Webster does not possess the Gospel nor does he know what the Gospel is. He has never presented the Gospel when I have asked because his view of salvation is man-centered.

Pray that I would be able to ask Mr. Webster a simple question. "Who is the blessed man?"

Romans 4:
BLESSED ARE THOSE WHOSE LAWLESS DEEDS HAVE BEEN FORGIVEN, AND WHOSE SINS HAVE BEEN COVERED.

BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THE LORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT."

No comments: