Saturday, August 29, 2009

Phillips & Wiemers part 5

A couple of questions for Mr. Wiemers. Is he truly arguing that the man drawn in John 6:44 to be different from the man that Christ raises on the last day? Can a man be drawn that is not raised on the last day? In other words, is the "him" in the first part of the verse different from the "him" from the latter part of the verse?
John 6:39 says,
This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day.
Does Jesus fail to do God's will?

Why write about all of this? Tomorrow I may encounter my Jehovah's Witness friend. It is precisely the foundational issues of the Gospel that need to be discussed. Mr. Webster has a man-centered gospel, which is no gospel at all. So I pray that if the Lord should bring about a meeting between us, that I would be clear and consistent in proclaiming the Gospel of grace. I pray that the Spirit of God would be blessed to present not a mere man, but a powerful Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, that saves sinners perfectly.

No comments: