Thursday, August 28, 2008

Biden & Bloody Noses

I just could not see this little moment on Rush's show today become lost in the annals and archives of the Limbaugh Museum of Broadcasting. Rush made Biden eat his words. Read here till the site updates.

BIDEN: My dad who fell on hard times always told me, though, "Champ, when you get knocked, get up. Get up." I was taught -- I was taught that by my dad, and God, I wish my dad was here tonight. But I that I think God and I'm grateful that my mom, Katherine Eugene Finnegan Biden is here tonight. ... When I got knocked down by guys bigger than me, and this is the God's truth, she sent me back out and said, "Bloody their nose so you can walk down the street the next day," and that's what I did.

RUSH: Well, now, isn't this amazing? This is from the guy who tried to author defeat in Iraq! This is the guy who opposed the Gulf War in 1991. This is the guy who voted for the war in Iraq, but he opposed the surge. So what have we learned here in this little bite? First off, sounds like little Joe's house was pretty conservative. It sounds like his parents loved him, cared about his future. It sounds like he had a mom and dad that were there for him, and his mom has her own little message after dad says just get up: Go out there and bloody the bully's nose. Now, from this story, ladies and gentlemen, we have to assume that simply breaking a nose would not be good enough for mom.

Nope. She insisted upon little Joey Biden drawing blood. You have to respect that. Joey's mom wasn't a micromanager. She kept it simple, trusted her son could work out the details. Just go out there and kick their butt, bloody their nose. So I think maybe ought to send Joe Biden around to various schools in the country and say, "The way we deal with bullies like Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden is to bloody their nose." Now, how did it happen, ladies and gentlemen? Joe Biden was taught all of these values. Do you realize that crowd last night applauded violence? Where was the conflict resolution, Joe?

Why didn't your parents tell you to go out there like you are having kids be taught today? Why didn't you go out there and try to negotiate with the bully and resolve the conflict? Oh, no! When it was you, Joe, your dad goes, "Bloody their nose." You didn't even ask your allies to help, Joe! You didn't care what your family's reputation was, you didn't care whether the neighborhood loved you or hated you and you didn't care what the neighborhood would think of you after you went out and bloodied the guy's nose. You just went out and did it! Now all of a sudden your country is not worth the house you grew up in. Your country is not worth the values you grew up with! (shouting) You phony baloney, plastic banana, good-time rock 'n' roller. I'm sorry, folks. I cannot handle these people anymore! (sigh)

No comments: