Thursday, August 30, 2007

Weak Vessels To God's Glory

Many years ago I asked my dad if he desired to be healed. To be shut into a silent world, which at times may be extremely lonely, would in my mind create a longing for God to work a miracle. His response, however, is something I will never forget. He said, "No."

"Why?" I asked.

His reason was simple and yet profound. "God made me this way."

Perhaps that may have triggered something in how I viewed God. Nevertheless, a passage of Scripture was brought to my mind.

Exo 4:11 The LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Or who makes him mute or deaf, or seeing or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
Exo 4:12 "Now then go, and I, even I, will be with your mouth, and teach you what you are to say."

Here is a video demonstrating that God may do with us as He will and that His power is manifested in our weaknesses. This man truly has experienced God's grace in ways we may never understand.




2Co 4:6 For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, so that the surpassing greatness of the power will be of God and not from ourselves;
2Co 4:8 we are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing;
2Co 4:9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;
2Co 4:10 always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

2 comments:

Paul said...

Howard,

That's crazy that you brought up that text in Ex. My mother is deaf too. Has been her entire life. While my mother and don't see eye to eye on some of her beliefs, she has always held to that verse as, God creating her deaf.

Anonymous said...

That is interesting. We share something in common. My mother lost her hearing due to the Whooping Cough at about 6 months of age. So essentially she has been deaf all of her life as well. My dad lost his hearing due to Spinal Menengitis at the age of 3-1/2.

These childhood diseases usually killed children. By God's mercy He spared them for His purposes.

I am glad He did. :-)

God Bless