Sunday, March 04, 2007

Open Letter To FBC Leoti

An open letter to Pastor Odum and the Baptist congregation in Leoti, KS.

First, I want to thank Pastor Odum for having enough confidence in me to be able to substitute for him. We all prayed for your speedy recovery so that the congregation would again be able to listen to their pastor. Sometimes listening to a guest speaker may be a break for some people, but I am sure that is not the case at First Baptist Leoti. Hearing Pastor Odum speak at FBC Scott City is truly something I have missed over the past several years.

I preached the same message that I preached at Shallow Water, and I hoped to have cut the length of time down. I think in total it was about 4 minutes shorter. This just goes to show that my preaching and sermon writing skills have a long way to go. Yet the people at FBC Leoti seemed very appreciative of the message. You clearly enjoy hearing from God's Word, even when the speaker is not the best.

I simply enjoyed myself after several days of struggling with the message. It was truly a blessing to preach to such a receptive congregation.

May God continue to bless the ministry of FBC, Leoti.

Howard

PS. For Pastor Odum who missed the message. Here is the link.

No comments: