Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Another Apology

A Pastor friend of mine helped me to see another error I have made. The link I made in my public apology is to a sermon I preached several months ago at the same church. This probably explains why Algo would actually spend time listening to it. It was by far a better recording.

If you decide to listen to the sermon preached last Sunday, keep in mind I used my new MP3 player, which only shows to prove that newer isn't always better. Next time I'll use my old MP3 player/recorder.

Here is the link. It is on the Parable of the Soils. Sorry. My inability to read and copy links properly is not the best.

:-)

PS. I just made a new MP3 file. It is basically the original, unedited version (I only edit out the music. If I don't edit this out the file is 50% larger and it is a .WAV file). In the first link above, I tried to fix the bad hum, but it also makes the words that I am saying very difficult to hear. So this link has the hum but I think the audio is easier to understand. Link here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have experienced first hand what you are talking about, especially in the final paragraph. In church planting for the last decade we have been trying to attract people to our services with all kinds of gimmicks, instead of teaching and living out the gospel in our lives and letting God "add to our number daily those being saved." I know that means we have to trust God which is a problem for many of us evangelicals these days. Simply put, if people come to church because it is the latest and greatest, most entertaining ticket around, then they tend not to stay unless we keep it up. The result is an unregenerate church!

Early on in our church people would comment that they loved music, or the teaching, or the multimedia presentations. They would seem so excited about the church. Then after 6 months they would be gone. Why? Because they were only excited, not transformed by the power of the gospel! And that is what they truly need.