Friday, June 10, 2005

It's A Wonderful Life

Dr.Walter Williams, the Libertarian, has hosted Rush Limbaugh's show again. I love listening to his libertarian viewpoint. He actually believes a person "owns himself", and that we have the right to committ suicide. Basically, as long as I do not hurt anyone else in this life, I can do what I want. So Rush's show today basically went from talking about leftwing wackos to libertarian freedom. These are 2 opposite ends of the spectrum I believe.

I would love to have challenged Dr. Williams on his worldview and assumptions. No, Dr. Williams, we do not own ourselves. No Dr Williams, there is no such thing as secret sin that only affects the individual. If I choose to kill myself today, Dr. Williams, there will be a whole host of people who will be directly and indirectly affected.

I agree with Dr. Williams when he demonstrates the left's worldview and assumptions to be false. But simply assuming a libertarian freedom is not anymore intellectually honest or challenging.

Perhaps Dr. Williams needs to watch "It's Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart.

No comments: