Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Christmas Time is Always Special

Another great Christmas season. Last night (I know, Christmas was Saturday) the Paynes (my wife's family) had their family gathering. Yes, I am still full. Grandma Payne sure knows how to feed a crowd. Oh, she didn't cook. She had it catered at the bowling alley. My stomach is still distended about a foot. And watching kids get more than they deserve just reminds me that I am most certainly spoiled by God too. ;-)

Visiting family is always special, but getting to visit Chris Gorman is just a little extra benefit. He is now pastoring a church plant in South Dakota. To hear what God is doing through ministries like his and some of the things that we are all learning from John Piper's church is uplifting to the soul. I say "we" since I also attempt to read and listen to whatever Piper teaches.

We are very fortunate to have men of God in this country who are faithful to His calling. May God bless us with more men like Chris Gorman. Oh, by the way, Cory Kitch is coming to hang with me this weekend. I am truly blessed to be in the company of such God fearing men who rightly divide the Word of God and are faithful to the proclamation of His Word.

No comments: