Monday, June 16, 2008

Position Paper

This week I am going to attempt to write a position paper for my Founders class. It is the final project that I must do to complete the class. Hopefully over the next several days I will be able to post sections of the paper.

I will be writing about the origin of the soul. The most popular historically held position is Creationism. The position I will attempt to defend is Traducianism. In my next post I will define these terms and offer my understanding of the debate. Then I will argue for my position and give Biblical support. Then I will interact with James P. Boyce's position and answer his objections. Then I will offer pastoral and devotional applications and the importance of Traducianism as it relates to the doctrine of Original Sin.

If I deviate from said outline, you'll just have to sue me.

:-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good! Something on which we agree.

:)

Howard Fisher said...

Of course we agree. Traducianism is the Biblical position. You believe the Bible, therefore......


;-)