Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Huckabee and Sarah Andracek

Fox News quotes Mike Huckabee as saying, "No. I did not. Let me categorically say that I did not."

Now this is in response to the hot story that Huckabee had released a rapist back into society only to commit the rape and murder of a Missouri woman. He later is quoted as saying:

"Now if you can follow that line and believe that I am solely responsible then you'll believe that. But you'll believe a lot of other things as well."
Solely responsible? I don't get it. Is he partly responsible?

This story bothers me personally simply because this rapist/murderer has been possibly linked to the murder of a fellow church member's daughter-in-law. She was a beautiful young lady who sang in the church I attend.

The Kansas City Star reported at the time the possible culprit as being Wayne Dumond. They also spoke about how Huckabee was very influential in his release from prison. Am I now to believe Huckabee's response that this is a mere political hit piece? Was the original story a political hit piece?

The Kansas City Star has mentioned Sarah Andracek again yesterday here.

I realize that this may not be all of Huckabee's fault. I just can't bring myself to vote for a guy so closely linked to the release of the murderer of that young lady.

No comments: