Monday, November 12, 2007

Raising Godly Children in an Ungodly Age

Some people wonder why I do what I do. Some wonder why I teach my kids the way I teach. Some wonder why I have taught the High School Sunday School class in the past the way I did. Every once in a while, I get a comment from a former student telling me that everything I warned them about came to pass. They only wished that they had actually paid attention while I was teaching.

I suppose college life is surreal and off in to the future. The challenges a student will face are immense, but hey, they are invincible. The thought of some professor ripping their Christianity apart or out of them isn't a concern for them nor many parents. It is, however, a concern I have for our youth. Yes, the arrogant, mean, hard teacher thinks youth are too important enough not to waste time with entertainment.

I know statistically that no matter what any teacher does, students will fall away from the faith. I pray that God would be merciful to my children. I pray that my children will understand the issues that will be brought to bare upon their lives. I pray that my children would see the wolves as they approach them in sheep's clothing.

Dr. White and his daughter Summer White were recently interviewed by Gary DeMar on the Gary DeMar show (listen here). Summer White is a brilliant young lady who has a firm grasp of the Christian faith (read her letter to the President that actually was read by the President! She also wrote this when her teacher accused her of plagarism.). She understands philosophical issues as well the Biblical ones. She understands issues of original languages and Biblical transmission. She understands how to understand the Bible and interpret it accurately. She just plain understands sound Christian doctrine. I pray my own children will too!

1 comment:

Howard Fisher said...

I wrote this because I look up to godly men who raise godly families. I know that just because a parent does everything right doesn't mean everything will turn out hunky dory. Nevertheless, it is an encouragement.

Summer White recently has been attacked ad-hominem in her college class. She held her ground and the professor was not able to handle it. May we raise more students like her.