Monday, September 24, 2007

Terrorists Allowed To Speak To Us

Well, it's the news of the day. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at Columbia University. I must admit, I was shocked to hear the President of the University take the Iranian President to task. I just assumed the typical liberalism of loving our enemies like so many others in the past. Yet the Columbia University President insulted his guest.

Yahoo News reported, "Ahmadinejad rose, also to applause, and after a religious invocation, said Bollinger's opening was "an insult to information and the knowledge of the audience here.""

Applause? He rose to applause? I have a real problem. It is not even the fact that we have unAmerican Americans applauding. I expect that of brain washed college age idiots, who don't have the slightest idea that the freedom of speech that Mahmoud claims to have in his country simply does not exist. What I find disturbing is that he is here. How does the President of the United States allow a known terrorist to come and speak here? How can the United States allow an avowed enemy spread his propaganda here? How can we seriously allow a man, who would just assume to lop our heads off or blow up more buildings and is currently killing our soldiers in Iraq (as even the President of Columbia pointed out), stand behind a podium and speak with authority? Is this not reinforcing the behavior and beliefs that he has? I agree with David Dykstra's statement that "Muslims hate the fact that they do not have the power or the infuence that they think they should have." [my paraphrase].

Islam is a serious threat. Legitimizing the terrorist by giving him a platform is foolishness. I guess I am just going to have to break down and get Dykstra's book, Yearning To Breathe Free? Thoughts On Immigration, Islam & Freedom. You may listen to David Dykstra's recent interview on Iron Sharpens Iron. It is worth your time.

I am curious though. How long would Columbia's President be alive after his statements today if he were a citizen of Iran?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whenever anyone calls me "anti-Semetic" I know it is because they can't refute that Isreal was behind 9/11!

---Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
New York, NY

Howard Fisher said...

This ludicrous idea has been refuted time and again. We know who the hi-jackers were. We knew they attempted to blow up the Trade Centers before. Go to these Muslim countries and see how much they hate America like you do.

I haven't been hearing anti-American chants from Israel like I do from certain Muslim countries. I don't see Israeli children being brain washed to strap bombs to themselves and blow up Americans and airports in England like Saudi Arabia teaches their children to do.

You have deceived yourself into believing a lie.