Saturday, December 09, 2006

He Yelled At Me


Many years ago in the Dover, NH public library I read a book by a Prochoice philosopher. He argued that babies are not "persons", therefore not protected by law. They do not become persons till they become self-conscious of themselves, and he argued that does not happen until they are approximately 2 years of age.

Everyday I come home a little before 5 PM. When I came home on Wednesday of this week, my son let my wife know he was excited. He knew it was me.

When I walked past him and did not pick him up, he screamed a high pitch yell. I think if we had a 4-month-old translator machine it would have said, "Hey, I'm over here silly. Pick me up!" He was clearly communicating to me.

I wonder if that moron (I know, I know. Don't call people names.) of a philosopher has any children. Romans 1 plainly teaches, men surppress the truth in unrighteousness. Therefore God hands them over to their perverted minds. A nation that allows the killing of their children is a nation under the wrath and judgment of God.

1 comment:

the forester said...

They do not become persons till they become self-conscious of themselves, and he argued that does not happen until they are approximately 2 years of age.

What silliness. It's all shades of gray. I could point out some adults who aren't self-conscious of themselves. Actually, I look back at myself at the age of 18, 22, and realize I wasn't self-conscious of myself. When I'm 50 I'll probably look back and say the same of myself at 35.

So what's so different between someone 10 and someone 2? Between someone 2 years old and someone 2 months? Or between someone outside the womb, and someone still in?

I agree with you: human is human. A little humility and respect in recognizing this fact would suit us well.