Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Horn Creek Family Vacation

Now this post may be a little long. For the last three days my family has had to live at my in-laws due to my house getting skunked. It was very smelly around here. The odor seems to have gone away now. Anyway, I thought I'd share our family vacation. First here is a picture from where the Kasselman's lived. I should have taken more. I didn’t realize my stitch software worked so well.



Tuesday morning I was able to sit in on a seminary class on missions. What a great experience. The class encouraged me to participate. I was able to interact with the professor, who was a missionary to Mexico for many years. After the class several of the Pastors/Students stuck around to chat with me. What a great time!

I have to apologize. I took my daughter on her first horseback ride, and I didn’t get a picture. I am just terrible. Rachel has a lot to learn about controlling her horse. As she gets older, I hope she enjoys it more.

Rachel also seemed to be the Wall Climber of the week.
























Steven was turning into a bowling ball junkie.
























Grandpa Steve, Chris, Steven and I all played a round of golf at the...ummm...golf course (if you can call it that).


I also took a couple of seven year old girl on a hike that completely wore out Jessica. A three hour nap was required by that tired girl.

Jacob gave his mother and me a few scares. Perhaps that 9,000 feet may have been to much? For most of the days he was fine. But sleeping at night was a bit rough. Well, I meant that no-sleep was a bit rough.

All-in-all this trip was good. The kids had a great time. I managed to get some study time in. I studied the first chapter of Hebrews for my Sunday Night class. I also managed to get a few chapters of Waldron's dissertation done.

The messages from our guest speaker were very encouraging. My children even learned something.

I also have to mention that my parents(-in-law) and my wife's sister's family stayed with us. So basically they have been forced to hang out with me for a few weeks now. I guess we are just a close family. Breigh and Mom helped take care of Jacob when we were out of gas (I guess that is what happens when you get old).

I think next year will be a little more normal for us. Jacob will be of an age that may make going there a lot more fun. As for my older kids, the count-down has begun. I just hope there will be a camp next year.

No comments: