Friday, April 15, 2005

Law of God For Christians Too?

Over the last few months I have had great discussions with a pastor friend in California. I have been revisiting the subject of how the Law of God as revealed in the Old Testament is aplied to believers in the New Covenant. Throughout the New Testament the Old Covenant Law is often quoted without apology and used as an authoritative source for New Testament instruction.

This morning I was listening to Greg Bahnsen debate Craig Feinberg. This is an "in-house" debate among Christians. When I first heard Feinberg, I thought I was listening to someone who had my views on the Law of God. This simply showed my ignorance of the debate topic. It was only after listening carefully to the rebuttals that I began to hear what Feinberg was saying.

All in all, I think I learned something today. If you can afford a whopping $1.99, you can download the debate here. It is worth it. It may only wet your whistle so to speak and hopefully drive us to "search the Scriptures daily" to see if this is so.

No comments: