Saturday, March 12, 2005

Where Are The Overseers of God's People?

I hate to even mention them, but I keep hearing their popularity grow, even among us western KS conservative churches. I read on one site that Benny Hinn and T.D. Jakes are two of the most popular tele-evangelists on TV. If you are a clicker with that remote control and pass through the cable channels with any regularity, you will see them on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network).

Why anyone would would give a penny to a completely fake charlatan such as Benny Hinn is beyond me. He is a demonstrably false prophet and teacher. He has said God has spoken through him. When a little research is done, you will find that his prophecies have been proven false and his healings a sham. Deuteronomy 13 warns us that God Himself will send false prophets to test us to see if we are of the true faith. I am afraid we are falling far short of passing the test.

T.D. Jakes is a modalist. That means he denies the Trinity. Is it not ironic that he appears on the Trinity Broadcasting Network. I actually listened to Paul Crouch (the owner of TBN) say that the doctrine of the Trinity is not important enough to keep Mr. Jakes off the network. Imagine that. The doctrine of the Trinity is not important. I wonder what Jesus thinks of people who reject His truth and yet claim to be teachers of God?

So much of the New Testament is warning that false teachers and false brothers will arise among us and lead astray those who reject the truth of God. It is truly a difficult work for Elders. I pray for my own Elders, that by God's grace they will keep the flock of God from this constant danger.

No comments: