Monday, March 14, 2005

Off To Atlanta

Yes, the secret is out. I have to fly to Atlanta tomorrow. Something about meeting other people and having to learn something about my job. I'm not really sure what the purpose is. I have already met other people, and I am already doing my job (for over four years now), but I have to go anyway.

Last year my co-worker went and was "witnessed" to by some Jewish guy. The Jewish guy was then proselytized by some Christian guy who probably was fresh out from Waco Texas. Which brings another thought to mind, is there a difference between Georgia and Texas? I sure hope so.

The last time I traveled alone through an airport some hari-Krishna guy tried to give a free copy of the "Book With All of Life's Answers" for a mere $$. I thought the gospel was free, maybe he was just trying to cover his costs. Whatever the case was, it has been quite some time since I have had to deal with looney people. Big cities just don't excite me anymore.

I like life in Scott City. It is fast paced if you get involved. I have never been so busy in all my life. My commute lasts all of 3 minutes, yet I still feel like I am stuck in traffic. Trucks actually run the red light in order not to wait the extra thirty seconds it will take them to get through town. My wife wonders where I am and calls my cell phone. My son, was I supposed to pick him up after school today and take him to practice? Wait, I'm the coach. I'm supposed to be at practice. Rachel, could you pass me that gray crayon please?

On second thought, maybe going to a lunatic city like Atlanta, where people just shoot each other and walk away, is a vacation. Naaahhh. I love my family. Be back in a few days!

No comments: