Sunday, June 14, 2009

Drawn By the Father

Some time ago, a Jehovah's Witness and I were talking about how one is saved. I asked him if he knew that if he were to die tomorrow, would he have enough faith to have eternal life. He responded by saying that "No one can know for certain."

I then quoted John 6:35-39. To which he responded, "Well, that is your interpretation." Now keep in mind that I only quoted it. I did not say what I thought it meant. So in other words, even those who would twist Scripture to mean something it doesn't mean, he could not avoid the plain and obvious water tight logic of Jesus' presentation of God's sovereign Grace in salvation.

Several years later I discovered Dr. James White's book, Drawn By the Father. In this video Lane (a fellow channel rat) does a brief interview with Dr. White about the book.

No comments: