Monday, May 25, 2009

A Few Things

Just a couple of things. First, my pastor preached an excellent sermon from Acts 2. The Heart of Biblical Preaching. This sermon explains what Biblical/Apostolic preaching is supposed to be. I was blessed. I am certain you will be as well.

Second, I finished The Case For Amillenialism by Riddlebarger. The book gets better as it goes. The "Final Thoughts" in the conclusion are worth the read. Since I am in eschatology mode, I have decided to keep going with his other book on the subject, The Man of Sin. So far the book is an easy read and very helpful in light of the current "popular" understanding of the Antichrist.

Lastly, today is Memorial Day. Once again, this is a great opportunity to not only teach our children our national history, but while we are at the cemetery it is also an opportunity to explain to our children the meaning of life and death and the resurrection.

No comments: