Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Who Is Endorsing Huckabee?

While listeing to Rush's show, several callers defending Huckabee called. One in particular attacked Clubforgrowth as being deceptive. The caller went on to say that HSLDA was supporting Huckabee. This supposed fact is of great interest to me since I am a member of the Homeschool Legal Defense Association. I do homeschool my children.

I immediately attempted to find out if this was true. For if they were supporting Huckabee, then I ought to perhaps take a step back and see why. Sure enough, I found this link that shows HSLDA endorsing Huckabee as a true conservative.

Now I get their newsletter, but I don't always read every one of them and mostly I peruse them. So this information totally slipped by me. There is one big problem with this claim. The National Education Association (NEA) also endorses Huckabee. Isn't it odd that Huckabee could get both the NEA and HSLDA to endorse him?

Here is an article written several years ago ('99) arguing that in Arkansas, Homeschoolers were losing ground due to laws passed by Huckabee. Again, what is the deal?

The Spunkyhomeschool mom wrote,

Ned Ryun the former director of the PAC alleges that this endorsement was done unilaterally and for all intents and purposes was a Farris endorsement. He was not told of the endorsement until after the fact.

I went to Ned Ryun's Blog site and read these words:

"...eventhough I was PAC Director at the time, I was informed of the decision after it had been made; I was not involved in the discussions of endorsing Huckabee at all, and honestly, I doubt anyone else really was, accept for sitting there and just nodding yes at whatever was said"

If this is the case, that would explain why both the NEA and HSLDA are endorsing Huckabee. His record is truly a "mixed bag".

3 comments:

Paul said...

Why the Hate?


Who are you voting for?

I am leaning toward Paul.

Paul said...

Since I don't know you that well, I should tell you that the question "why the hate" was a joke. Just so you know, Mr. Film and I laugh at the same type of jokes.

Howard Fisher said...

Actually Paul, I laughed when I read it. I just finished the last post (I hope) with TOA. I assume you were saying that due to his comments. So yes, I had a very good chuckle.

BTW: have you been following that post? I realize he doesn't see my answers as answers, but what think ye?

As for Ron Paul (?), I just don't know. He may be the best candidate, I am waiting for these guys to make their case.

I guess he is a Libertarian, which makes him suspect to me right off the bat.

On his website it says, "The war in Iraq was sold to us with false information. The area is more dangerous now than when we entered it. We destroyed a regime hated by our direct enemies, the jihadists, and created thousands of new recruits for them. This war has cost more than 3,000 American lives, thousands of seriously wounded, and hundreds of billions of dollars. We must have new leadership in the White House to ensure this never happens again."

This is a bunch of crap. I actually think Bush's foreign policy is right on when dealing with terrorists. Now whether he is actually following through with that I do not know. But we now live i a post 911 world. Libertarianism just doesn't cut it with me.

But much of what he says on his site is good...so...I just don't know.

I also like some of the things Fred Thompson says, but then he is inconsistent too. I have no idea where he is on property rights as opposed to Ron Paul's.

Rush Limbaugh keeps saying that he doesn't like to get into picking a candidate unless certain conditions force him to make sure somebody good doesn't lose.

This says a lot when this far into the race he hasn't started to side with anyone. I think he likes Thompson, but he won't stand up for him because (I think) Thompson needs to make his own case on ALL the issues as being a true conservative.