Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Here Come the Martians

Last night I watched a portion of a movie called Mars Attacks starring Jack Nicholson. I realize that most of you are thinking that I wasted my time with such silliness. Well I like satire. I just can't help it. I grew up in cynical New England. Sarcasm was used in everyday speech. It is something I must be very careful with when I am around my children. Anyway, I digress.

Jack Nicholson plays two characters, one of which is the President of the U.S.. He and the scientist (played by Pierce Brosnan) believe that the Martians can't be hostile since they are advanced technologically. After the first very destructive encounter with the aliens (the Martians zapped everyone) it was decided that they simply misunderstood our intentions. So Congress is convened in order to communicate that we mean them no harm. The Martians come to the Capitol and zap all of Congress. The Martians then attempt to assassinate the President.

Now after three battles with the Martians, the President still wants to show these creatures that we mean them no harm. I looked over at my wife, who was sitting patiently through this ordeal, and said, "Isn't this just like they way Democrats treat Muslims in general and Terrorists in particular. After a major attack, Liberals say, 'Let's open the borders and show them we mean them no harm.'" (I know Republicans are losing on this issue too, but that is another point...)

This morning I hear that the The Development Secretary is going to say in a speech,

“In the UK, we do not use the phrase ‘War on Terror’ because we can’t win by military means alone, and because this isn’t us against one organised enemy with a clear identity and a coherent set of objectives”

Is this satire? One commenter on the story said:

Or do we create many of the problems that have come to haunt us at a later time.People have a habit of pointing fingers at any race or country that they have little knowledge of or if it fails to fit into the norm as we precieve it customs,religion etc.We in many ways are our own worse enemies and will continue to be untill we change our mode of thinking,but of course thats what creates war's and far to many see that as the ultimate solution.!!!!

Robert Ferrin, Bliss, U.S.A.
So there you have it. It is our fault. The Martians are coming and zapping people with their lasers and killing as many people as they can. Somehow, though, it is our fault. We need to open the borders to Muslims and say, "We mean you no harm." All the while they are laughing at us.

Perhaps the Left is correct, and Winston Churchill was wrong. Germany was telling the truth when they said they were not at war with us. They really did not mean us any harm.

Those recent bombs at the airport, they were just incidents. Law enforcement will fix that. We don't need to fight a war. That just causes Muslims to hate us. "Yack yack yack yack"

No comments: