Thursday, April 19, 2007

I Hate Gimmicks

All of those two readers of this Blog know full well that I am a gimmmickless, humorless guy when it comes to the Gospel. Yet my wife managed to talk me into something that hopefully won't get repeated to soon. For 7 years we have participated in the Wednesday night AWANA group for kids age 5-7.

AWANA is a program where kids are taught to memorize verses of the Bible. Believe when I tell you that memorizing a book for each year is quite a task. In order to assist in motivating the "Crum Munchers", my wonderful Helpmate decided that if they finished their book they would be allowed to throw a "pie" in my face (pie = plate of whipped cream). To my surprise, 17 finished and one of them literally being at the last minute.

Here are a couple of pictures.


Notice that the cream starts to get into the hair. I want to publicly thank the little culprit (Steven Fisher) for starting the chant "In his hair".


This may be the last time we will be doing that age group for AWANA until Jacob is older. I truly have enjoyed teaching kids to memorize Scripture. In fact, I now have memorized several passages because of helping the children.

"I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes." Romans 1:16

No comments: