Monday, January 22, 2007

Insanely Stupid Stories

Yahoo.com has a breaking news story. In fact, it is such a breaking news story, it won't actually happen for another 5 Billion years. Wait a second. Is it really a news story to give news on something that won't happen for another 5 Billion years? Am I making myself clear? Did I mention the fact this will not even occur for another 5 Billion years? FIVE BILLION YEARS!

Am I alone in this? Are people really afraid of what will happen to them 5 BILLION YEARS FROM NOW? I actually have friends that were worried about the next ice age which won't occur several million years from now. But this just takes the cake!!!!!

I need to find my insanity meter. I think I am going to start a stupid story category.

3 comments:

TheFilmCritic said...

I don't think this is that crazy - I already had poker plans that I am now going to have to break so that I may escape this solar apocalypse. Thanks Yahoo! It would have been really embarrasing to be so unprepared.

Anonymous said...

When I'm still alive 5 billion years from now it will be useful to know these things. At least I will now have plenty of time to prepare.

the forester said...

Reminds me a lot of this story by Isaac Asimov: The Last Question.

It's a beautiful story if read all the way through. Of course it's also sacrilegious -- what else would you expect from an avowed atheist? -- but what I appreciate about it nevertheless is the fact that Asimov struggles over the ultimate purposelessness of life (a life without God, obviously). In fact, read to the end, Asimov seems even to make a concession to the necessity of faith.