Monday, September 11, 2006

State Fair

It has been a busy week. Yesterday I was priviledged to speak with God's people gathered in Pence, KS. It is a huge city of about four homes and a COOP where farmers store their grain. Yet there was quite a fellowship gathered from all over that rural area. I again spoke on Matthew 13's parable of the Wheat and Tares. The church didn't throw me out on my ear, even though I probably may have stepped on some toes. They showed me a lot of grace. :-)

Beffore I get into some of the events at Hutchinson, I thought I'd show how happy Jacob normally is. He has been having a belly ache for the last couple of days. Even then, he smiles quite a bit and almost never cries.



His siblings sure enjoy him. Over the last couple of days, Jacob appears to be attempting to talk back with his brother and sister. They are clearly new sounds with an intention of saying something. Only the Lord knows what though.



Finally, we did go to the State Fair on Friday. Apparently, to be in the Army National Guard is to be able to drive around in really cool vehicles.



And boats...they waited very patiently to get on these. :-)



Of course, the older kiddos have to take Aden in the Mock Combine.



Steven consults with a judge on his geology 4-H project. I admit I may be whining here. I simply knew the labeling of his specimens would give him a lower score. There was simply no consistency in the judging what-so-ever. There was never even a sample on how to label. So every judge just tells you what they believe. Anyway, Steven did well, So I ought to move on.



Steven also had entered his rocket and consulted with a judge. A little more consistent here.)



Yes, we needed this one to prove he had launched it. Grandpa remembered to bring his camera since I forgot mine. I think it was the best picture going.



After the fair, we went to the Cosmosphere. It simply has to be one of the best Air and Space Museums in the country.

I see Jacob is awake and watching me with a smile. I think I'll quit typing now.

No comments: