Saturday, January 14, 2006

Children Are Not Choices

Sometimes I just wonder about the Pro-life movement. I just listened to a Pro-life commercial talking about the need to give women a real choice. In this way, if women have a real choice, then they can have the opportunity to choose life.

I find this kind of philosophical mumbo jumbo just that...mumbo jumbo. How is offering a woman a "real" choice from killing her child any less offensive? It may be a great marketing tactic to get women to come to a Crisis Pregnancy Center, but it is intellectually devoid of any real thought.

As my bumper sticker says, "I'm A Child, Not a Choice!"

1 comment:

Kendra Lynn said...

How can a CHILD be a choice??? The choice lies in whether or not you think ahead enough to use birth control! That is your ONLY choice, as far as I'm concerned.
If you made the WRONG choice there, then you must decide to cherish that child, if God wills you to have one.