Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pastor Phil Newton Speaks On The Church

Phil Newton, author of Elders in Congregational Life: Rediscovering the Biblical Model for Church Leadership and a board member of The Founders Conference, spoke at First Baptist in St. Francis, KS. He was speaking for 5 sessions. My wife and I were blessed to hear two sermons today. It was a long drive but worth the trip.

Pastor Newton is a very personable man. I managed to have a time of conversation with him. He encouraged me greatly. There is coming a time in the life of my own church where some major changes will be taking place. To hear him preach on the church and Body of Christ was a blessing truly needed to be heard by us.

We should be getting the tapes of these sermons soon. I will put them up on the web site as soon as I get them. Major Kuddos to Pastor Glidewell for having this Reformation Weekend Conference.

1 comment:

dogpreacher said...

I agree with you...a few minutes of conversation with Phil Newton, and reading his book on elders and it is obvious that he is indeed a servant of the Lord's, and one who will humbly give his time and exhortation to any & all, not just to the "somebody's"! I am...

...Grateful for Grace,
The DOGpreacher