Monday, August 29, 2005

Speaking At The Other True Church

Yesterday, I had the priviledge and the honor to speak to God's people at the "other One True church", the fellowship at the First Christian church. Even though I was their guest speaker, their service was quite a blessing to me. Their music is quite good, probably due to Mrs. Geist on that piano, but also to the fact that the people are moved to praise God with their singing.

What I truly appreciated was that in spite of all of the exciting parts of the service, their desire to hear the Word of God preached and expounded was noticeably encouraging. Having to listen to me work through an overview 2 Timothy 3 on the Sufficiency of Scripture might be a little tough for some, who may have never heard a sermon presented the way I preach. Even though their pastor had to move on to another church, the Elders of that church are clearly looking out for their local fellowship. I see that preaching the Word of God is something that will continue in spite of my having been there. ;-)

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: