Saturday, January 29, 2005

Witnessing to Mormons and Scripture Alone

Today I was caught completely off guard. Two mormon missionaries showed up at my door. Once again, they were female. I realize that is unusual, yet it is true. I have not kept up on my mormon witnessing skills, but I stuck to the basics and survived the encounter. Actually, I caught them in so many contradictions without ever discussing the Book of Mormon, that perhaps the Holy Spirit will use today's conversation to change their hearts. Only time will tell.

I have just recently started a new book written by James White called Scripture Alone. I have only read the first third of the first chapter, but it gave some great ideas on how to share the sufficiency of Scripture with those who deny that God still speaks to His people through the Bible and does so with clarity. So I highly recommend this book. How can you go wrong when just the first ten pages make it worth the money. If it can help me witness to mormon missionaries, it can help you in your understanding of the great doctrine delivered to the Saints.

So now some shameless advertsing. Click on the link (book) and get the book.


No comments: