Monday, May 21, 2007

Prayer For Diligence

Last Saturday I received 2 of at least 4 books that will be used for the classes to be taught by Dr. White on the cruise prior to his debate with Shabir Ally. My wife and I read the first chapter of Martin Hengel's Crucifixion. The writing is a little more on the difficult side but worth every minute of work. I learned more about the "foolishness of the cross" as to Paul's understanding in the first century than I have ever truly understood. It was simply a blessing.

I also received my text book, work book and flash cards of Basics of Biblical Greek by Mounce. I started tonight working into just becoming acquainted with the material (it also has a CD rom). I am sitting here at my computer trying to figure out how I may be disciplined in my studies in order to gain the most out of all of this material (not including the several books I have recently purchased for study in other areas).

So I ask that you please pray for my puny little wretched soul. Working full time, being on EMS and the Fire Department often being called into work for gas leak calls & ect. may certainly cause me to neglect my studies. The real reason I ask for prayer is that I actually do love my wife and three children, and somehow I must maintain a balance.

Pastor Groover (pastor in Dighton) will also be attempting to learn Greek (I simply was not to be outdone by him! ;-) ). Perhaps together we may accomplish more than we think we are able.

I plan to Blog about things I am learning as time allows.

God Bless

No comments: